Even if you're just hanging art in your home, it helps to get an adjustable art system so that you can add new artworks as and when you buy them. Many art connoisseurs always keep an eye out for something new. You might find a great work of art in a high end gallery or in your local flea market!
And when you buy something new, you can either choose to replace your old work of art with a new one or just add the new one in addition to the old ones. This can be done by moving the older one up or down and adding the new one on the same wall with an adjustable art system.
Displaying Your Art Collection
Many people devote a couple of walls in their homes to hanging myriad artworks. They may have three layers of artwork hanging on the wall, one at eye level, one above and one below. Others prefer to cluster works together in an organic way. No matter what type of display you favor, it can help you to get an adjustable art system.
- Displaying Art in Your Stairwell: You can decide which walls in your home you're going to devote to artwork. Some people like to create a display in their hallways and above their staircases as well as in their rooms. So if you're running out of space and want to create a new art display, consider this as another great option in your home, especially if you have a decorative stairwell with a lot of visibility.
- Integrating Artwork with Interior Design: In addition to artwork, it has also become quite the vogue to hang empty but decorative frames, mirrors, quotes etc. You can also include a bit of drapery and a few plants to complete the design of the room. Just make sure that everything you hang up is somehow tied together, either in terms of color scheme, shape, size or theme. Many people go with a "retro" look, collecting paintings and frames that hark back to a certain decade that they favor.
Benefits of an Adjustable Art System
Whether you favor a more geometric way of hanging art or a more organic arrangement, an adjustable art system is going to be useful to you if you plan to hang new works of art.
- Fewer Holes in Your Wall: Rather than making more holes in your wall to hang new artworks, it's a good idea to have an adjustable art system in which the cables are suspended from a rail at the top of the wall and their length can be adjusted. Not only does this preserve your wall in the long run, but it also leaves fewer unsightly holes to be covered when you move artworks around.
- Paintings Hang Straight: An adjustable art system will never leave your paintings hanging askew the way a traditional art hanging system would. Whether you dust your artwork or take it down to clean it, you can replace it secure in the knowledge that it is being hung correctly and not leaning over on either side.
- Adjustability: An adjustable art system is versatile because it can also be used to hang artworks which are of different shapes and sizes. The art system can be adjusted to hang all these works at the right height and in the right spot on the wall.
So if you consider yourself an art connoisseur or even just a budding art collector, it will help you to invest in an adjustable art system. And then, you can play around with your displays to your heart's content.
Contact us for more great tips on creating an art display using an adjustable art system.